DISCIPLINE SERIES: PART III
This has to do with the maturity of the mind(i.e. the way you control your mind to behave). You can learn how to discipline your mind by filtering what you think. If you can’t control your thoughts, then it means you are not mentally disciplined.
HOW TO BE MENTALLY DISCIPLINED
(1) Learn to think positively in the right way.
Don’t be pessimistic
say good words to your self every day especially when you wake up. This is very essential because words spoken early in the morning sticks faster than the ones said in the afternoon.
I have come to observe this. Say words like:
(a) I am born to win so I am a winner.
(b) I am the head and not the tail.
(c) I refuse to struggle to survive, etc and many others.
This is because you are a product of your thinking, so learn to think positively. The scripture also says that ‘out of the abundance of the heart,the mouth speaketh’.
(2)Learn to control your thoughts: A man’s action is as a result of his thoughts. When you allow negative thoughts to fill your mind, it means all your actions to people will be bad.
(3) Renew your thoughts: This is when you weigh your thoughts and you do a re- think to ensure that what you are thinking is going to produce a good result.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE HUMAN MIND
(1) It is always busy with thoughts either good or bad.
(2) It is usually filled with actions.
(3) It is filled with feelings.
When a person is not mentally disciplined, what happens?
(1) Your thoughts will control you: You just do things anyhow without a deep knowledge of its consequences. For example, If you have bad thoughts like fornication,masturbation, etc it can destroy your marriage and home.
(2) A pessimistic person is not expected to have long lasting friends that are optimistic because their thinking is different so, it can make a person to be lonely. Any time I see people that don’t have friends I wonder why, it’s just that their thinking is different.
I once met a friend who was just too pessimistic for my liking. My other friends and I were managing her all the while and we kept on walking with her hoping that she would change and learn from us but she refused to. One day she said to me that she does not think any good thing can come out of her because she depends much on people and those people disappointed her and this made her say to herself that she does not think she can make it. She is not bothered at all if her life can change. This happened because she has allowed her thoughts to take control of her and she is now a product of her thoughts.
KEY POINTS TO NOTE
(1)You are a product of your thinking.
(2) Whatever a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. If you think right you will get it right and vice-versa.
Written by Titilope Abiona Ayobami
132 total views, 0 views today